East Kilbride Football Club, K-Park Training Academy, East Kilbride, G75 0QZ.
We are a relatively new Football Club based in East Kilbride , South Lanarkshire , Scotland. We are born out of the previous clubs of Stewartfield FC and Jackton Boys Club. With strong beliefs on encouraging our youths, in East Kilbride, to enjoy and further their fitness and skills in a club where our Coaches are trained to all the relevant standards . Please refer to The Teams on the Menu to view and see further details about our teams.
As of August 2015 the Club has 28 teams and over 600 players. These range from under 6s, through all age groups up to adult. We also have a thriving Sunday Club for children with Additional Support Needs and an ever growing Girls Section with girls from age 6 to 15 years.
The new Club is based at K-Park in Calderglen Country Park and in due course the dream is to start up the first ever professional club in East Kilbride. K Park was built and is operated by East Kilbride Community Trust, a Registered Charity and is available to other sports, and also to other football clubs in the local area. The Club has achieved SFA Quality Mark, Community Club Award and the 5 Core Values of discipline, diet, fitness, respect and manners will underpin the aim of lifelong development. In April 2014 the Club became Full Members of the SFA, achieving Entry Level Licence.
The original Club was founded in 1871, making it one of the oldest Clubs in Scotland, for example Rangers FC were founded in 1873 and Celtic FC in 1888. The first office bearers included the quaintly titled Croupier, which we would recognise as Treasurer. The first recorded match was in April ,1872, when EKFC lost to Queens Park FC second eleven by 1 – 0, drawing 0-0 in a second match later that year.. During the 1870s the Club folded/ restarted several times as was usual at the time. Evidence from the SFA Museum of Football confirms the original club colours to be navy and gold. The 1876 team played at Kirktonholme, winning 3, losing 9 and drawing 3 games. The 1877 team played at Shaw park and had a better season, playing 18 games, winning 6, losing 6 and drawing 6. The club played in some of the earliest Scottish Cup competitions in seasons 1878/9 and 1879/80, going out in the first round in both seasons.
The original club did not have a badge, again as was the custom at the time. Club badges were the exception, such as the lion rampant used by Queens Park FC, used on the jerseys of the Scotland players in the first ever international vs England in 1872. The badge for the new club features the oystercatcher bird and also the colour red, symbols of St Bridgit, after whom East Kilbride is named, cill being the Gaelic word for a religious cell, which was the common form of ancient Celtic religious organisation, thus Kilbride being the religious cell associated with St Bridgit/St Bride. East to distinguish from West Kilbride in Ayrshire.
The modern club was as a result of the coming together of Stewartfield FC and Jackton BC in 2010 , with other local teams joining during 2011 and 2012 all now playing under the name of East Kilbride FC. The club motto is “a priory “ or "based on what went before", as a reminder of the original club , the two founding modern clubs and the more recent teams which have joined.
The club ethos is one of developing the children as people as well as players. In Summer of 2009 the club achieved the SFA Quality Mark Standard Award as testimony to the high standards within all aspects of the club. This was followed by Development Club Award in 2011 and Community Club Award in 2012. Also in 2012 the Disability Inclusive Award and in 2013 the SFA Disability Club Award.
/ LATEST NEWS